Job role: Assistant Vice President - Engineering
Location: Macua, China
Salary: $10,000 - $12,000 per month
Our client is a leading global project management consultancy. They are actively recruiting for an Assistant VP of Engineering to join a prestigious new project in Macau.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Assistant Vice President - Engineering our client needs you to help us achieve the commitment we have made on our projects. To fulfil this obligation we need you to demonstrate 20 years experience in Civil & Structural Engineering with a minimum of a Civil & Structural Engineering Degree from a recognized university. You will have to have a minimum 10 years’ experience in the construction field and 6 years’ design experience in hotel, resort and multi-use projects. Also, you will have experience in managing project staff on large scale projects.
Communication skills are the key to success in life, work and relationships and at our client things are no different, all employees need to have an excellent command of English as a minimum and of course additional languages are beneficial.
Good leaders must lead by example. By walking your talk, you become a person others want to follow.
- Reporting to Senior Vice President - Engineering, the incumbent is responsible for pushing project progress, make technical comments on structural schemes proposed by C&S consultants, resolving engineering issues that affect the progress of work, monitoring and coordinating consultants and contractors, preparing documents and reports, sourcing suppliers and other assigned tasks.
General description of what is expected by someone in this position.
- Work closely with Project/Construction/Commercial/Permitting Teams on pushing project progress and monitor the consultants and contractors in completing C&S works to meet project schedule.
- Monitor and supervise consultants in delivering the C&S design.
- Review and comment on consultants’ submissions including engineering design, design report, technical reports etc.
- Assist in value engineering of consultants’ design and source of alternative suppliers.
- In collaboration with other teams, assist in guiding the C&S team to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Assist in establishing engineering needs and allocate engineers to provide support to other teams.
- Assist in providing engineering support for and communicate closely with the Design Team on new/modified designs on the projects.
- Assist in managing project staff.
- Work closely with other teams in resolving key engineering issues that may affect the master plan or impair the progress of work.
- Engineering Degree with a Suitable engineering discipline
- Minimum 15-20 years’ experience.
- Preferred Post-Graduation equivalent through a relevant professional institution.
- We need someone with structural design experience and experience in large auditorium, extensive deep piling, steel structures and seismic conditions focus on structural engineering experience in hotels, multi- Storey buildings large residential buildings, entertainment centres etc…
In return our client is offering a leading remuneration package for the region and the opportunity to work on one of the regions most prestigious new resort projects.
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org