PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
(The main reason for the position, in what context and what is the overall end result)
An area manager is responsible for developing the business opportunities in Dubai market and establishing a strong presence by aligning with the organizational mission and values.
(The way that the position contributes to and impacts on the organization)
The area manager builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. It is responsible for meeting the goals of the organization and required to know a great deal about the operations of the business from day to day in order to promote business, attract new customers, and maintain financial success in addition to many other day to day activities.
An area manager serves as a troubleshooter for the branch that is experiencing certain operational, managing, and marketing problems. It is also to supervise and evaluate the company under its jurisdiction. Its role is to report regularly on the performance of the branch to its main office.
The area manager shall devote its best efforts and substantially the area manager's working time to performing the duties assigned. Meeting with the Chief Executive from time to time is one of the major tasks of an area manager to ensure that the performance in their area is doing well.
(Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities.)
- Grow revenue by strategically positioning our services at all decision-making levels
- Establish and maintain relationships with decision makers
- Secure new accounts and expand
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with decision makers to understand their needs
- respond promptly to customer inquiries
- manage customers' accounts
- keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the client's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution. Report challenges to senior management in writing for immediate action.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience of over 7 years in the Emirates
- Bachelor degree in Business administration, economics, insurance and banking
- Knowledge on insurance products, trends, and regulations
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures;
- Cultural and political environment
- numeric, oral and written language applications
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Closing Skills
- Prospecting Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Team building
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Managing Processes
- Quality Focus
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics