Job role: Planning Manager
Location: Dubai, UAE
Our client is an Engineering consultancy with an order book in excess of AED 9bn. They are looking to expand their team by hiring an experienced senior planner to work on prestigious new developments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a main advisory to the Project Manager / Directors in all issues concerning planning, scheduling and resources needed. Deals with progress measurement - delays, corrective actions and claims.
- Managing a small team of planning engineers to develop the base line programme and ensure overall progress of work from pre-construction stage through to completion is efficient
- Lead planning engineers in preparing timely and accurate reports and schedule plans for project management and effective project control
- Monitor and maintain detailed project schedule, work breakdown structure, project and activity coding and resource loading
- To decide and compute resources under allocation, cash flow, key performance indicators (KPIs), resource histograms and S-curves
- Time management, delay analysis, claims support and change management throughout the entire process of pre-construction, design, procurement, construction delivery and aftercare.
- To identify the different critical paths of the project and any changes affecting them during progress update and enabling a clear visibility to the areas of concern and delays.
- Provide leadership, support and training, and contribute to career development.
- Proficient in the use of planning software such as MS Project and Primavera P6
- Experienced in construction methodology and sequencing
- Extensive past experience in construction projects
- Competent (and confident) in technical aspects of planning.
- Good communicator - both oral and written
- Strong Presentation skills and excellent organizational skills
- Good team player
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
To apply for this position please email email@example.com