Job role: Claims Manager
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Our client is a leading multi-national construction company specialising in large projects. Currenly working on some of the regions largest prestigious projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Report to Senior Commercial Manager.
- Manage the day to day affairs of the main and subcontract Claims and TIA teams;
- For the Main Contract:
- Manage the identification and investigation of critical and non-critical delaying and / or disruptive events affecting the Main Contract.
- Manage procedures identifying extension of time costs and processes maintaining contemporary records.
- Liaise with Subcontract Administration, Engineering, Construction and Planning Departments to establish early warning of possible delaying events.
- Liaise with Subcontract Administration, Engineering, Construction and Planning departments to obtain necessary history, facts and planned mitigation measures for delaying events.
- Coordinate with other departments including Contractor's BIM, Procurement, Subcontract, HR Administration, Engineering, Construction, Planning and Commercial Departments to gather data, facts, programmes, costs, etc.
- Liaise with Cost Manager to identify and record disruption / acceleration costs.
- Research and compile disruption and acceleration claims.
- Liaise with the TIA team leader to ensure that the requirements of the Contract in respect of notices and claim submission are implemented and maintained throughout the Contract period.
- Research for, compile and submit necessary notices under the Contract (e.g., likely delay and delay).
- Liaise with TIA team leader and keep them advised of all delaying events, notice submissions, details of delaying events, relevant records, etc., to support the application for extensions of time and preparation of associated narratives and time impact analysis submissions.
- Research, obtain and maintain all records necessary to ensure the effective pursuit and administration of all time and cost related claims under the Contract.
- Compile claims for loss and expense due to delay and disruption for non-critical events in parallel with the TIA team for critical events.
Previously worked on mega construction projects
Dealing with multilple stakeholders
Degree educated (preferably in Quantity Surveying)
To apply for this position please email email@example.com